The benefits of Aloe Vera have been clear to humans for thousands of years. Take a look at the recent research that demonstrates the benefits of Aloe Vera as a natural medicine and supplement.
It is one of the most widely used medicinal plants on the planet. If you are wondering, “How can I grow an aloe plant?” Dont worry, taking care of an aloe plant in your home is easy.
It does grow faster outdoors during warmer months, but it doesn’t mind a pot and does just fine in the house.
- Plant in wide containers with a well-draining potting mix, such as for cacti/succulents.
- Place in indirect sunlight or artificial light.
- Water aloe deeply but then allow the soil to dry at least 1 to 2 inches deep between waterings, in order to discourage rot; water even less in winter.
- Aloe plants produce offsets or plantlets or “babies” that can be removed to produce an entirely new plant.
- Knock your Aloe out of its pot and find where the offsets are attached. Sever them from the mother plant with a knife. Allow the cuts on the offsets and the mother plant to callus over for a day or two. Pot them in a standard potting mix. Put in a sunny location. Wait a week to water and keep the soil on the dry side.
Here are some of known medicinal importance
- Contains Bioactive Compounds That Can Improve Health
- Has Potent Antioxidant and Antibacterial Properties
- Accelerates The Healing of Burns
- Pure Aloe Vera Juice Reduces Dental Plaque as Effectively as Mouthwash
- Can be Used to Treat Mouth Ulcers (Canker Sores)
- Can Help Treat Constipation
- May Improve Skin Elasticity and Help Prevent Wrinkles
- May Lower Blood Sugar Levels in Diabetics
- It is good for irritated or inflamed skin.
- It helps repair your skin from the most tender of wounds.
- It helps speed the process of healing to burns and other wounds.
- It is hydrating, rejuvenating and toning for your skin.
- Aloe vera moisturizes and softens your skin.
Aloe vera definitely has some unique therapeutic properties, especially when applied as an ointment for the skin and gums.
Growing aloe vera houseplants is not only easy but can also provide your family with a plant that can help treat minor burns and rashes. Now that you know a little more about how to care for an aloe vera plant, you need never be without this lovely and helpful plant.