Buy 4000+ Plants Buy 800+ Seed n Bulbs Buy 600+ Pot n Planters Offers Free Million Trees Ask Wiki
Call: (+91) 9595 419429 (10AM - 6PM)
care@nurserylive.com | All India Delivery

Find here, the relation between plants and #AIDS cure

International AIDS Day takes place on the 1st December each year. AIDS is a serious condition caused by the infection of Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV). It damages a person’s immune system and its ability to fight against the disease. A person may get infected with HIV if they have a sexual contact.

Dichrostachys cinerea

Buy Plants I Buy Medicinal Plants I Buy Pots I Buy Fertilizers I 40% Off Table Top / Office Desk Pack I Offers

Several AIDS-related conditions are Candidiasis, Diarrhoea, Herpes zoster, Malaria, Lack of appetite, Coughing, Tuberculosis, Meningitis, Toxoplasmosis, Cryptosporidiosis, Kidney ailment, and Neurological Complications etc. Many plants help to cure these complications.

Mangifera indica

Buy Plants I Buy Medicinal Plants I Buy Pots I Buy Fertilizers I 40% Off Table Top / Office Desk Pack I Offers

In the Uganda study, 25 traditional medicine practitioners (TMPs) were interviewed using structured questionnaires. The majority of practitioners treated patients who were already receiving allopathic medicines including anti-retroviral drugs (ARVs) prescribed by allopathic practitioners.

Aloe zebrina

There were 103 species of medicinal plants identified in this survey. Priority plants identified include Aloe spp., Erythrina abyssinica, Sarcocephalus latifolius, Psorospermum febrifugum, Mangifera indica and Warburgia salutaris. There was the low consensus among TMPs on the plants used. Decoctions of multiple plant species were commonly used except in Gulu where mono-preparations were common.

Adansonia digitata

Numerous medicinal plants for treatment of HIV/AIDS patients were identified in the four districts surveyed and the role of these plants in the management of opportunistic infections warrants further investigation as these plants may have a role in Uganda’s public health approach to HIV/AIDS control.

Annona senegalensis

In the study of Caprivi region, Namibia, an Ethno-botanical survey was conducted to record the various plant families, species, and plant parts used to manage different HIV/AIDS-related opportunistic infections. The results show that traditional healers manage several AIDS-related conditions using a single plant species.

Dalbergia melanoxylon

On the other hand, different traditional healers also used more than one plant species. Therefore, indigenous knowledge of the medicinal use of plants is dynamic and varies according to healers, disease condition, and availability of plant species.

Erythrina abyssinica

The most plant parts used were leaves (33%), bark (32%), and roots (28%) while the least used plant parts were fruits/seeds (4%). The families Myrtaceae and Lamiaceae were endowed with terpenoids, biological compounds that enhance and maintain body immunity.

Psidium guajava

The plants, Adansonia digitata L. (Baobab), Aloe zebrina (Aloe), Annona senegalensis Pers. (Dwarf custard apple), Moringa stenopetala L. (Phantom Tree), Psidium guajava L. (Guava), Dalbergia melanoxylon Guill. & Perr. (Zebrawood), Dichrostachys cinerea (L.) showed a good response to the study.

Psorospermum febrifugum

The red ribbon is the global symbol of solidarity with HIV-positive people and those living with AIDS. World AIDS Day is one of the eight official global public health campaigns marked by the World Health Organization (WHO). The plants play a key role in the cure for an immunity disorders, indirectly the AIDS.

Recommended Planters : Colorful Planters :

Add a splash of colors to indoor or table top plants at home and office with these colorful planters.

View | Buy Colorful Planters >> | Browse Planters by Size | Browse Special Planters >>

Buy ready to use nutrient-rich soil:

Buy nutrient-rich soil | Buy Fertilizers >>

In general use, a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.

Buy Decorative Pebbles:

Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :

View Details | Buy Decorative Pebbles >>

Using pebbles in a garden brings different colors and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.