The used soft drink bottles can be recycled to function as a mini garden in your home.
You probably also have plants that never actually go into the ground and stay in your house. Kitchen herbs and so forth are prime examples. Spinach is another favorite, since you can pick young leaves and eat them at just a few weeks from seed.
Grow Organic vegetables at home
Even start vegetable farming on terrac / roof
Make a hanging well peace
Grow essential herbs at ease
Have green salads, fresh from your garden
Another perfect wall piece
Even attach strings and hang them anywhere
Make a little creativity corner
Create a vertical garden with assorted flower and vegetable plants
Another design for my little kitchen garden
Make a vertical garden on window grill
These hanging garden planters are a great low cost way to start your own home vegetable garden.
You can hang them in a window, on your balcony or anywhere that gets sunlight. I was able to put them on the rails of my fire escape garden.
Here’s what you’ll need to make one:
- Tools and materials 2L soda bottle
- Duct tape
- Hole puncher
- Thick twine or thin rope
- Drill or something to poke hole in bottle cap
Instructions on how to make a hanging herb planter:
- Use razor to cut off bottom third or so of soda bottle.
- Wrap duct tape around the bottom part of the soda bottle. Make sure that half of the duct tape is on the bottle and half is above it.
- Cut slits about 2-3 cms apart in the duct tape and fold over.
- Punch two holes about halfway down the duct tape. Cut two more on the opposite side.
- Cut string and thread through two of the holes form the outside in. Do the same on the other side.
- Drill hole in soda bottle cap to allow for drainage and screw back on.
Lets be creative & design own unique garden with little or no investment.