Buy 4000+ Plants Buy 800+ Seed n Bulbs Buy 600+ Pot n Planters Offers Free Million Trees Ask Wiki
Call: (+91) 9595 419429 (10AM - 6PM)
care@nurserylive.com | All India Delivery

Know the things about Epsom Salt

Did you know about its use in gardening? Because Epsom salt is used generally to treat dry skin, sore muscles and small wounds. Experts suggest Epsom salt for the garden which has a variety of uses, starting with your small garden start-up to houseplants, lawns, trees and shrubs.

Buy Plants I Buy Fertilizers I Buy Gardening Accessories / Tools I 40% Off Top 5 pack I Offers

Epsom salts aren’t really a salt, but natural mineral deposits found in the water in Epsom, England. Epsom salt is actually magnesium sulfate, a pure, time-tested mineral compound. Their chemical composition is hydrated magnesium sulfate. But, like any garden supplement, Epsom salts have certain limitations and work best on particular plants and in conditions.

Buy Plants I Buy Fertilizers I Buy Gardening Accessories / Tools I 40% Off Top 5 pack I Offers

Plants need magnesium to build strong cell walls and fruits. Magnesium also helps plants to use nitrogen, sulphur and phosphorus. In gardening and other agriculture, magnesium sulfate is used to correct a magnesium or sulfur deficiency in the soil. It can be applied in solid & liquid form.

Garden soils may have sufficient levels of sulfur, but magnesium deficiencies are common, especially in old, acidic soils and the highly alkaline soils. People have noticed significant improvements in their gardens after using Epsom salts. Plants use sulfur to produce amino acids and vitamins.

The use of magnesium sulfate as a magnesium source for soil does not significantly change the soil pH. Experts say Epsom salt can help peppers, tomatoes, other fruits and roses to grow healthy. Sulfur is also the compound that gives to many vegetables, including broccoli and onions for their distinctive flavor.

Intense deficiency of magnesium can cause stunted growth and yellowing of the leaves. However, the only symptom you might see is slow growth and fewer blossoms or fruits. Soil tests can detect severe magnesium deficiencies. In some cases, though, a soil test might show that your soil has enough magnesium, yet plants are unable to take it due to high potassium and calcium levels.

Recommended Planters : Colorful Planters :

Add a splash of colors to indoor or table top plants at home and office with these colorful planters.

View | Buy Colorful Planters >> | Browse Planters by Size | Browse Special Planters >>

Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:

Buy nutrient rich soil | Buy Fertilizers >>

In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.

Buy Decorative Pebbles :

Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :

View Details | Buy Decorative Pebbles >>

Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.