Buy 4000+ Plants Buy 800+ Seed n Bulbs Buy 600+ Pot n Planters Offers Free Million Trees Ask Wiki
Call: (+91) 9595 419429 (10AM - 6PM)
care@nurserylive.com | All India Delivery

Let's celebrate #November_25, #International_meatless_day!

Every year, November 25th is celebrated as International Meatless Day. The tradition was first started in 1986 by the Sadhu Vaswani Mission who had strongly urged the masses globally to adopt vegetarian living.

Buy Vegetables I Buy Fruit Plants I Buy Herbs I Buy Pots I Buy Fertilizers I 40% Off Gardening Kit I Offers

When he passed away in 1966, he handed over the responsibility to Dada Vaswani. Several eminent personalities, including Prime Miniter Narendra Modi and actor Aamir Khan, have come forward to promote the message of observing November 25 as International Meatless Day.

Buy Vegetables I Buy Fruit Plants I Buy Herbs I Buy Pots I Buy Fertilizers I 40% Off Gardening Kit I Offers

Meatless Day is largely observed by India and the Asian Pacific Rim Nations. Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) India, Just Be Friendly (JBF India), and Stop Killing Association (SAK) protests against meat consumption in the city.

In India, the governments of four states – Maharashtra, Gujarat, Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh – have issued instructions for the closure of slaughter-houses as well as butchers’ shops on 25th November every year, in their respective states.

It is also known as the International Vegetarian Day as on this day, vegetarian culture is promoted. Particularly in India, most of the people are health conscious and like to eat vegetables and fruits as they give more fibers and nutrition variety.

Indian cuisine is enormous vegetarian-friendly and employs a variety of different fruits, vegetables, grains, and spices which vary in name from region to region within the country.

Coriander/ Dhania, Mint /Pudina, Curry leaves/Kadi Patta, Fenugreek/Methi, Spinach/Palak, Amaranth /Rajgira leaves/Math, Dill (Suva/ Shepu), Turnip Greens (Shalgam ke patte), Colocasia Leaves (Arbi ke patte), Mustard Leaves, Cabbage/Patta gobhi etc. are the few famous leafy vegetables in India.

Mirchi/Indian Chilli Pepper, Cauliflower, Drumstick, Ladyfinger/Okra/Bhindi, Bitter gourd/Karela, Bottle gourd, French Beans, Ridge gourd/Turai, Eggplant/Brinjal/Baingan, Tomatoes, Lablab Beans (Indian Beans), Pumpkin, Peas etc. are the most used flower, fruit, and seed vegetables.

Carrot, Radish, Potato, Yam, Sweet potato, Cassava, Turnip, Beetroot, Onion, Garlic, Jerusalem Artichoke, Taro etc. are the underground vegetables widely used in India.

There are various kinds of vegetarian food sources including fruits which gives various types and amounts of nutrients. By following vegetarian food culture we are automatically saving fauna on the earth and celebrating International Meatless Day.

Recommended Planters : Colorful Planters :

Add a splash of colors to indoor or table top plants at home and office with these colorful planters.

View | Buy Colorful Planters >> | Browse Planters by Size | Browse Special Planters >>

Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:

Buy nutrient rich soil | Buy Fertilizers >>

In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.

Buy Decorative Pebbles :

Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :

View Details | Buy Decorative Pebbles >>

Using pebbles in a garden brings different colors and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.