Buy 4000+ Plants Buy 800+ Seed n Bulbs Buy 600+ Pot n Planters Offers Free Million Trees Ask Wiki
Call: (+91) 9595 419429 (10AM - 6PM)
care@nurserylive.com | All India Delivery

Tips for growing your favorite spring planted bulbs

Spring planted bulbs gives the most beautiful flowers. If you want them growing healthy and happily then take few points for consideration. They need some basic requirements mentioned below.

Buy Plants I Buy Flower Bulbs I Buy Pots I Buy Pebbles I 40% Off Table Top / Office Desk Pack I Offers

Flowering bulb’s requirements:

1. Sunlight: Select a site with lots of sun, at least six hours of a day. Indoor bulbs should get enough light.
  2. Water: Water well after planting. Apply mulch to keep the weeds down and hold in moisture.
  3. Ground/Pot: Allow the bulbs to grow in free space.

Buy Plants I Buy Flower Bulbs I Buy Pots I Buy Pebbles I 40% Off Table Top / Office Desk Pack I Offers

1. Soil: Bulbs prefer loam or sandy loam soil with well drainage.
  2. Temperature: Cool climate boosts active growth. They can grow in a wide range of 7 to 28 degrees C.
  3. Fertilizer: It prefers fertilizer low in nitrogen and high in phosphorus.

DOS

1. If the soil is not perfectly well-drained, the bulbs may be planted on a bed of sand.
  2. If your soil is sandy, plant bulbs slightly deeper; in clay soils, slightly shallower.

1. If you have mouse or squirrels in the garden then consider planting your bulbs in a “cage” fashioned with chicken wire.
  2. In warm-winter climates, you may need to pre-chill hardy bulbs before planting.

DON’TS

1. Do not use stiff clay soil, otherwise rooting will be delayed.
  2. Do not overcrowd the planting.
  3. Bulbs, corms and tubers should not come in direct contact with fresh organic manure.

1. Too much moisture often causes rotting.
  2. Don’t store fruit (especially apples) or vegetables in the refrigerator while you’re chilling or storing bulbs. Fruits and vegetables can emit a gas that kills the young plant inside the bulb.

Recommended Planters : Colorful Planters :

Add a splash of colors to indoor or table top plants at home and office with these colorful planters.

View | Buy Colorful Planters >> | Browse Planters by Size | Browse Special Planters >>

Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:

Buy nutrient rich soil | Buy Fertilizers >>

In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.

Buy Decorative Pebbles :

Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :

View Details | Buy Decorative Pebbles >>

Using pebbles in a garden brings different colors and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.

Wow one most imprtant tips that i would like to share here is that make sure you have organic ocmpost mixed in the soil for good funtioning of the plant

Yes, it is necessary.