12 easy plants for your terrace garden
Plants for the balcony garden come in almost every color and shape imaginable. Many plants do well in small containers and bring splashes of color to balcony container gardens.
The following 12 beautiful & easy to care plants are popular for balcony container garden.
1. Areca palm
2. Bostern Fern
3. Weeping Fig (Ficus benjamina)
5. Chinese evergreen
6. Jade Plant
7. Pot Mum (Chrysanthemum morifolium)
9. Rubber Plant (Ficus robusta)
10. Dumb Cane (Dieffenbachia “Exotica Compacta”)
11. lady palm
12. money plant
- Make a start and get your hands dirty! You will not learn everything on day one. It will take some time for experience to kick in and make the best out of the knowledge gained.
- Grow what you need. Do not get excited and tempted to grow everything at one time. Start slow.
- If you have the time and the patience maintain a diary.
- Do use a pair of gloves when working, especially with soil.
- Be prepared to come across some nasty looking insects and bugs!
- Use wiki.nurserylive.com and the nurserylive.com portal to get tips, grow & care help.
It becomes very important to select the planters wisely according to available space, the plants we grow or the colours of one’s choice.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.