Buy 4000+ Plants Buy 800+ Seed n Bulbs Buy 600+ Pot n Planters Offers Free Million Trees Ask Wiki
Call: (+91) 9595 419429 (10AM - 6PM)
care@nurserylive.com | All India Delivery

You might think these were uncommon edible flowers but they are amazingly tasty!

After falling out of favor for many years, cooking and garnishing with flowers is back in vogue once again. Flower cookery has been traced back to Indian cultures. Flowers, like herbs, have been used in cooking for centuries. Of course not all flowers are edible, but the ones that are amazingly tasty.

Buy Plants I Buy Pots I Buy Fertilisers I 40% Off Table Top / Office Desk Pack I Offers

Saffron flowers

Crocus sativus is also called as Saffron Flower, Saffron crocus, and Kesar. Saffron Flower is a beautiful flower grown mostly in Kashmir in India. The flower stigmas are hand harvested, dried and used as the famed saffron. Saffron was traditionally used in coloring the rice in biryani and other food items. It also has many nonvolatile active components, many of which are carotenoids. Saffron is not all of the same quality and strength.

Buy Plants I Buy Pots I Buy Fertilisers I 40% Off Table Top / Office Desk Pack I Offers

Hibiscus flowers

Hibiscus rosa-sinensis is also called as China Rose, Chinese hibiscus, Gurhal, Jaswand. The tea made of hibiscus flowers is known by many names in many countries. The beverage is well known for its color, tanginess, and flavor. Dried hibiscus is used as a garnish, usually for desserts. In various places around the world, the flowers are eaten cooked, raw, pickled, as a spice, or even as a food dye. Flowers do contain certain antioxidants.

Pansy flowers

Viola sps. is also known as football flowers, Pansies. Pansies have a slightly sweet green or grassy flavor. If you eat only the petals, the flavor is extremely mild, but if you eat the whole flower, there is a winter, green overtone. Use them as garnishes, in fruit salads, green salad, desserts or in soups. these flowers make pretty adornments for frosted cakes, sorbets. The pansy plant is high in minerals, vitamin C, tannin, and essential oils.

Lavender flowers

Lavandula angustifolia is also known as Common Lavender, English lavender, True lavender. The flowers are used as a culinary herb. Blooms accentuate sweet and savory dishes with a sweet mingling of floral, fresh pine and rosemary with citrus notes. English lavender varieties have the best culinary flavor. These flowers add a beautiful color to salads and can also be substituted for rosemary in many bread recipes. It contains essential oils & flavonoids.

Citrus flowers

The Citrus family includes oranges, lemons, grapefruit, and limes. Even though the fruit is very popular fresh or used in cooking, it is not only the fruit or leaves of citrus that can be eaten. Citrus blossoms are sweet and highly scented. Use frugally or they will over-perfume a dish. Flowers can be incorporated into beverages as flavorings. They’re Rich in Vitamins, Fibres.

Recommended Planters : Colorful Planters :

Add a splash of colors to indoor or table-top plants at home and office with these colorful planters.

View | Buy Colorful Planters >> | Browse Planters by Size | Browse Special Planters >>

Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:

Buy nutrient rich soil | Buy Fertilizers >>

In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.

Buy Decorative Pebbles :

Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :

View Details | Buy Decorative Pebbles >>

Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.